Monday, 10 February 2014

Drapers Internship

So I have just finished my internship at Drapers. I really wanted to post and do like a sort of diary but being a hard working little intern...I was so bloody tired after interning and then the evening job.

Basically I really wanted to write this post Drapers post because I had a fabulous time! The team are incredible lovely. I know that's the main thing that marks a good internship but why shouldn't I state how lovely they were!

Basically, I was a Fashion Cupboard Intern. There was a photoshoot for shoes happening at the time and me and another intern logged their entry into cupboard and then sent them back.

At some points it did feel like this.

Ok, so fashion cupboard intern sounds really interesting and cool but... fashion cupboards are really the most uninspiring places in the fashion world. Nether the less, it was a mighty good experience. I learnt a lot and met some really interesting people. At the end of the day, fashion cupboards, samples and PR queries are a big part of getting the magazine to print and if you can't see that working in one is a massive step up your career ladder in the incredible difficult world of fashion journalism... then you're a pessimistic scrot and maybe this career isn't for you.

I also got to do a little bit of editorial work which I really enjoyed. I love writing and working for Drapers has opened up some opportunities for me but I don't want to divulge on that yet!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment